At least ten million times a day, people are at risk of injury, just dumping the trash. Our mission is to reduce the risk of injury and minimize company exposure to unnecessary lawsuits by making it safer and easier for companies, and their employees, to dump their trash into a dumpster. Dump Dolly does just that! Its ergonomic design helps protect the user from overexertion when lifting heavy loads. If you or any of your employees have to take out a heavy trash during the workday, please consider using one of our Dump Dollys.
How to Lift a Large Load
The number one cause for worker’s compensation injuries is the overexertion of an employee’s body. These injuries can occur after heavy or excessive lifting, pulling, carrying, throwing, and pushing. Many jobs in every industry such as restaurants, grocery stores, dental offices, and many more have positions that require such work. Even smaller tasks such as carrying copy paper in an office can cause back pain, leg pain, arm pain, and other strain injuries. Don’t be the hero – feel comfortable asking for help if something is too heavy for you to move or lift safely. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has developed recommended procedures regarding lifting. Some of the rules to lift by include:
- Loads should be kept close to the body; don’t reach out for an object.
- Move slowly and purposefully; don’t jerk or twist your body.
- Lift with your legs, not with your back.
- Think about how you will lift the load: If you think the load is too heavy, seek help.
- It’s recommended that employees do not lift loads heavier than 35 pounds without assistance.
Have Questions? We Have Answers!
Dump Dolly LLC
Dump Dolly is proudly manufactured in the USA